PHP Backend Developer – Web Development & AI Integration
Become a Devotee!
Devoted Studios is a production management company for external development in video games. With a mission to create equal opportunity for all talent globally to work on the games of their dreams, Devoted Studios aims to decentralize game development. We partner with 1400+ programmers, artists, and designers, from freelancers to small studios, all over the world, and not only match them to project opportunities but manage the production from A-Z.
- Design, develop, and maintain high-performance, scalable, and secure PHP backend solutions for our web-based platform.
- Collaborate closely with frontend developers to ensure seamless integration of Vue.js components and smooth end-to-end functionality.
- Work with the team to develop APIs and services to facilitate the management, storage, and retrieval of game development art assets (2D, 3D, animations, etc.).
- Help to integrate AI tools and algorithms to enhance asset management, organization, and accessibility for users.
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to ensure the highest quality of code.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to identify and implement new features and improvements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues, while maintaining clean and efficient code.
- Stay current with industry trends and advancements in web development, PHP, and AI technologies.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior team members and participate in knowledge sharing sessions.
- Requirements: # Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- 5+ years of experience in PHP backend development, preferably in the context of web applications and platforms.
- Expertise in PHP and familiarity with Symfony framework.
- Deep experience with Laravel or other popular PHP frameworks is a plus.
- Experience with frontend technologies, including Vue.js is a plus.
- Experience with Unit testing.
- Good understanding of design patterns.
- Strong understanding of RESTful API design and development.
- Familiarity with SQL databases, NoSQL databases experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of version control systems (e.g., Git).
- Experience with microservices architecture.
- Experience with CloudFlare Workers, Lambda function or other serverless solutions is a plus.
- Experience with agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban).
- Interest in game development industry and experience working with AI tools is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a strong focus on collaboration.
- Languages: Fluent Ukrainian AND Intermediate-Advance: English
- А chance to work in a highly professional and dynamic team, a special project and opportunities to develop professionally
- Strong and enthusiastic team - you will have the opportunity for knowledge sharing, learning, and professional self-development
- Interesting and challenging tasks - being a part of something totally new, opportunity to realize all your amazing skill set
- Convenient working conditions - remote work, opportunity to build your own working day with flexible working hours
Join our Devoted Team
(fill out the form or submit your CV to [email protected])